IMPORTANT Re-tune event: 1st & 2nd August 2017. Freeview/ITV
Please be aware that on Tuesday 1st August and Wednesday 2nd August there will be changes and updates to your Freeview and ITV channel guides.
We hope that the following information will you to navigate the changes:
Bigger, Better Freeview
Over the last few years Freeview has been growing – so much so that the TV guide is bursting at the seams. To make room for new channels the Freeview TV guide will be updated on 2 August 2017. All you need to do is retune in the afternoon or evening to get the full refreshed line up.
More modern TVs will prompt you to retune when the changes are made or if you have an older product then you need to follow our retune instructions below.
Here are the main changes you will see:
The Children’s channels will move to 201-229
The News channels will move to 231-249
The Text channels will move to 250-259
The Streamed channels will move to 260-299
The Adult channels will move to 670-699
ITV changes on Sky
ITV will reshuffle some of its channels on the Sky platform on 1st August 2017, the changes will see ITVBe move to CBS Drama’s current EPG slot in many areas of the UK.
The move on August 1st by ITVBe to channel 149, will also see many of ITV’s +1 channels move up the Sky Guide to higher ranking positions.
Other ITV channel numbers will be unaffected by the changes.
Here is a list of the ITV channels affected by changes on August 1st:
• ITVBe – channel 149 (not in Scotland)
• ITV2+1 – channel 179
• ITV3+1 – channel 180
• ITV4+1 – channel 193
• ITVBe+1 – channel 206
• ITV2 HD/SD – channel 207
• ITV3 HD/SD – channel 208
• ITV4 HD/SD – channel 225
• ITV Encore HD/SD – channel 263
• ITV Encore+1 – channel 268
Sky channel changes
Sky has completed changes to the entertainment and sports genres, which has seen Sky Arts moving to a new slot and the launch of Sky’s new sports channels.
The following changes have already been made to Sky’s channel line-up in the UK:
(All channels with HD simulcasts are allocated two channel numbers, with the HD version appearing on the first number listed on Sky HD and Sky Q.)
• Sky Sports Mix has moved to channel 121/287. The channel was previously listed in the Sport Genre.
• Sky Arts/Sky Arts HD has moved to channels 122/286.
• Sky Living+1 has moved to channel 129.
• Sky 2 has moved to channel 163. (164 in Northern Ireland).
• Pick+1 has moved to channel 164 (283 in Northern Ireland).
• Challenge +1 has moved to channel 170.
• Sky Atlantic+1 has moved to channel 217.
• Sky 1 SD (or Sky 1 HD for non-HD subs) has moved to channel 221.
• Sky Living (or Sky Living HD for non-HD subs) moves to channel 222. *
• Sky Atlantic (or Sky Atlantic HD for non-HD subs) moves to channel 223.*
* The primary versions of these channels remain on the same channel numbers and are unaffected by these changes.
• Sky Sports 1 is now Sky Sports Main Event on channels 401/435.
• Sky Sports 5 is now Sky Sports Premier League and has moved to channels 402/436.
• Sky Sports Football has launched as a new channel – it’s available on channel 403 and 439.
• Sky Sports 2 is now Sky Sports Cricket and has moved to channels 404/440.
• Sky Sports The Open (ex-Sky Sports 4) has moved to channels 405 and 451. On the 24th July 2017, the channel becomes Sky Sports Golf.
• Sky Sports F1 has moved to channels 406/472.
• Sky Sports 3 has become Sky Sports Action and has moved to channels 407/473.
• Sky Sports Arena has launched on channels 408/474.
• Sky Sports News has moved to channels 409/451.
How to re-tune your TV
A full re-tune should only takes a few minutes and can be done with your remote control. Here are some guidelines for how to do it, but bear in mind every model of digital TV or box will be a little bit different.
Make sure your Freeview TV or box is on and in digital mode. Press ‘menu’ on your remote control.
Select the ‘set up’ or ‘installation’ option. If you see picture icons, select the tool box, satellite dish or spanner.
If you are prompted for a code, try 0000 or 1234.
Select the full re-tune option. This is sometimes called ‘first time installation’, ‘factory reset’, ‘default settings’ or ‘shipping conditions’. Do not select ‘channel update’ or ‘add channels’.
Press ‘OK’ if your equipment asks if you want to delete all your channels. Don’t worry this is normal
Channels will automatically be installed. This may take a few minutes and your equipment may shut down and restart.
For more details please go to www.digitaluk.co.uk
Viewers will see on screen messages to remind them to re-tune nearer the time.
Staff at Moss of Bath are available in-store to instruct customers who have purchased their digital product from us how to complete the process.
If you would like an engineer from Moss of Bath to help you with the re-tune at home, please call us on 01225 331441 to book an appointment. A standard call out charge will apply.