Terms and Conditions
Installations, an introduction.
Moss of Bath prefer a more positive approach when it comes to T & Cs. We will accommodate your requests wherever possible, often going where others have said ‘no’. At Moss of Bath we prefer to treat every installation as unique.
Moss of Bath have our own in-house team of highly trained, professional and dedicated installers who will undertake all aspects of your installation. We do not sub-contract or use third party installers. Adopting this approach allows Moss of Bath to take full responsibility for your installation and provides a one-stop-shop solution.
Moss of Bath are experienced in working at heights, particularly on Bath’s Listed Georgian buildings installing discreet satellite dishes and hidden aerials. We are happy lifting carpets and floorboards in order to route cables underfloor; we chase walls to hide cables and then re-plaster (however, we do not decorate); we dig gardens and driveways to route underground cables to provide wi-fi to your garden office or outdoor workspace; we have even been known to trim the occasional tree (with permission) so that a satellite dish can be installed without signal interference.
Terms & Conditions – Delivery & installation
Delivery Only – free
Moss of Bath will deliver product (minimum product value £100) free-of- charge within a ten mile radius of Bath city centre. Deliveries are usually within 24 hours and are categorised as AM: 09.00 – 13.00 and PM: 13.00 – 17.00, although more specific delivery times will be accommodated wherever possible. A doorstep signature will be required. Card holders address only. Your product will be personally delivered by a Moss of Bath employee or employees dependent on size of product, in a Moss of Bath vehicle. We do not use third party couriers. This service is drop off only and does not include product installation, removal of packaging or the removal of redundant product/s.
Standard Delivery & Installation – £55 (within ten miles of Bath city centre)
- Moss of Bath will unpack the new equipment and remove all of the packaging
- Moss of Bath will remove redundant equipment as instructed (a disposal fee of £10 per product applies)
- Moss of Bath will connect your new equipment to an existing aerial or satellite dish, where necessary, and tune the product to all available local channels
- Moss of Bath will configure your new product, where necessary, to your existing wireless router or local data socket
- Moss of Bath will connect suitable existing ancillary devices, such as a sound bar, digital TV recorder, Skyplus receiver, Blu-ray/DVD player
- Moss of Bath will download new product software as necessary
- Demonstration and instruction
- Large products, categorised as televisions of 50 inch screen size and over, large furniture products and other products which require a two man delivery team will be subject to an additional charge of £20
Delivery & Installation outside of Bath
Moss of Bath are often asked to deliver and install product outside the ten mile radius of Bath as detailed in Standard Delivery & Installation above. Please contact our sales team on 01225 331441 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quotation.
Customer requested call-out – £55
Moss of Bath receive requests from customers to call-out to their property. There are many reasons a customers will request a call-out from a Moss of Bath team member including; providing additional product user instruction; checking the software status of a product and downloading updated software; checking connection of product; collecting faulty product for repair. To request a call-out, please contact our service team on 01225 331441 or by email at email@example.com.
Retuning service – £55
From time to time, Freeview television/s and/or Freeview recording product/s will need to be retuned. Although this is a relatively straightforward process, we recognise that some people would prefer that Moss of Bath undertake their product retuning.
Moss of Bath will, at a pre-arranged time, call out and retune up to four Freeview products. We will then demonstrate the electronic TV guide and highlight where any new channels are located.
The timing and frequency of retunes are out of our control.
Television wall mounting installation
Moss of Bath feel that the only way to provide an accurate quotation to wall mount a television is to visit the property to discuss the installation. Prior to the wall mounting of any television product, an experienced member of staff will visit the property, without charge and without obligation, to discuss the installation. Following this visit, a quotation for the installation and equipment recommendations will be sent by email, usually within 48 hours. Please contact our sales team on 01225 331441 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quotation.
- Moss of Bath will endeavour to install a wall mounted television without any visible cabling or the use of unsightly trunking
- Moss of Bath will secure a wall bracket at an exact height and location as instructed
- Moss of Bath will secure the television to the bracket
- Moss of Bath will configure any suitable existing ancillary devices, Skyplus satellite receiver, DVD player etc, to the new television
Satellite and aerial installation
Moss of Bath undertake domestic, commercial and multi-occupancy satellite and aerial installations. Moss of Bath is an Authorised Sky Agent and a BBC Freesat approved retailer. We work on all types of properties, including Listed buildings. Moss of Bath are often contacted by Sky and BBC Freesat to undertake challenging installations on their behalf. Moss of Bath satellite and aerial installers are professional, experienced, and highly trained, they hold current Working at Heights certification.
- Moss of Bath feel the best way to provide an accurate quotation is to visit the property to discuss the installation in more detail. Prior to the commencement of any satellite and/or aerial installation, an experienced member of staff will visit the property, without charge and without obligation, to discuss the installation. Following this visit, a quotation for the installation and equipment recommendations will be sent by email, usually within 48 hours. Please contact our sales team on 01225 331441 or by email at email@example.com to request a quotation
- Moss of Bath installers will discuss the proposed position of the satellite dish and/or aerial
- Moss of Bath installers will discuss the proposed cable/s routes
- Moss of Bath installers will discuss the (potential) removal of any existing redundant aerials and/or satellite dishes and/or weathered cables secured to the property
- Moss of Bath satellite and aerial installations are dependent on fine weather, particularly when roof work, ladder works and Working at Heights are involved. Moss of Bath installers will not attempt an installation should the weather prove too wet, windy or icy. Moss of Bath reserve the right to cancel a pre-booked installation due to adverse weather conditions
- Moss of Bath work in partnership with Citation Health & Safety UK to ensure that we are fully compliant with current Health & Safety regulations. Our installers are fully insured. For more details please contact Gavin Henderson 01225 331441
Moss of Bath undertake many types of audio installations, including standard two channel hi-fi, multi-room audio, full home-cinema, Public Address and Induction Loop. Moss of Bath have been chosen to install audio systems into churches, halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, public houses, restaurants, coffee shops, cafes and bars, museums, galleries, factories, showrooms, retail outlets, public buildings and many more.
Moss of Bath will by prior arrangement, install audio equipment for audition in-house. See in-store for details. Moss of Bath install multi-room wireless audio systems, which are controlled using a suitable smartphone or tablet device. Moss of Bath installers have in-depth knowledge of these products, as well as associated IT skills.
- Audio installations are diverse, and are dependent on the local ambient conditions. Moss of Bath feel that the only way to provide an accurate quotation is to visit the property to discuss the installation. Prior to the audio installation, an experienced member of staff will visit the property, without charge and without obligation, to discuss the installation. Following this visit, a quotation for the installation and equipment recommendations will be sent by email, usually within 48 hours. Please contact our sales team on 01225 331441 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quotation
Data and Network installation
Moss of Bath are at the forefront of Smart-home technology. Consumer electronic products are increasingly reliant on a broadband connection in order to fully function. Moss of Bath installers are highly trained and experienced in configuring internet connected products to your router and broadband.
- Products installed into properties where the in-coming broadband speed is slow and/or unreliable, or where the internal wireless distribution is poor and/or unreliable, or where the existing wireless
router is slow and/or unreliable, may experience problems with their product/s
- Moss of Bath can investigate and suggest resolution to wireless distribution problems. Moss of Bath feel that the only way to provide an accurate quotation is to visit the property. Following a visit, a quotation for the installation and equipment recommendations will be sent by email, usually within 48 hours. Please contact our sales team on 01225 331441 or by email at email@example.com to request a quotation
Installing products purchased elsewhere
Moss of Bath are occasionally asked to install product/s purchased elsewhere. Moss of Bath will consider each request on an individual basis, dependent on the type, age and history of the product/s. Please contact our sales team on 01225 331441 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quotation.
Moss of Bath are not responsible in anyway for product/s not purchased from Moss of Bath.
Broadband connectivity T & Cs
Many consumer electronic products now rely on a broadband connection to fully function.
Moss of Bath cannot be responsible for the reliability, speed or continuity of a broadband service and/or a wireless router.
Should a product fault be reported, either in or out of a warranty period, and a call-out requested, and the reported product fault be proven to be related to the reliability, speed or continuity of your broadband service, then standard labour charges will apply. Likewise, should product failure be proven to be as a result of a change in broadband provider and/or a change in password set-up and/or the installation of a new broadband router and/or the installation of new ethernet plugs and/or new network product, then standard labour charges will apply.
Moss of Bath cannot be responsible for the failure to complete an installation where there is no internet connection at the property. This is particularly relevant when installing equipment into a new build or when moving property. In such circumstances, when a return visit is required to complete the installation, standard labour charges will apply.
Moss of Bath cannot be responsible for the removal, temporary loss, fault, software updates, subscription or administration issues, price increases or changes to T & Cs, relating to any App or SMART function integrated or integral within a product, music server, cloud server, broadcast television or radio channel, internet television or radio channel.
Moss of Bath is proud to operate an Award-Winning Service Centre, situated conveniently above the store in St James’ Parade. The Moss of Bath Service Centre undertake repairs to product from most of the major brands of consumer electronics. The highly trained and experienced engineers have a positive attitude and will attempt to repair faulty products wherever possible. Please contact the Service Centre on 01225 331441 or by email email@example.com to discuss your faulty product.
The Moss of Bath Service Centre is proud to provide customers with genuine care and support. We can provide loan equipment in the event of product failure (subject to availability), can organise to collect and re-install faulty product, and can even provide user advice over the ‘phone. During 2015, the average turn around for repairs was just four days.
A standard £25 estimate fee applies to all incoming repairs, with the exception of large screen television product (categorised here as screens 40 inch and over) where a £40 estimate fee will apply. Estimated fees are non – refundable. However, should a replacement product be purchased from Moss of Bath within 10 days of receiving the repair estimate, then the estimate fee will be refunded against the new product.
Payment Terms & Conditions
Unless otherwise stated, prices as quoted include VAT at the current UK rate. All prices quoted are in £UK.
Moss of Bath accept all major debit and credit cards (with the exception of American Express), personal and business cheques (we reserve the right to process cheques prior to the release of goods) and cash. We also accept payment via BACS. For details please contact the Moss of Bath Accounts Team on 01225 331441 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Terms – Retail
Moss of Bath request that all retail sales for product/s are paid in full at the point of sale. Where product/s are to be installed by a Moss of Bath installer, we ask for either, A/ payment in full at the point of sale or B/ a deposit of 50% of the total transaction value, with the balance payable on the completed installation. Moss of Bath installers can transact debit or credit card payments remotely.
Moss of Bath request payment in full for any bespoke product ordered at the point of sale, including bespoke furniture, sound-bar cradles, etc. Payment in full is also requested for all spares orders and for products not usually stocked by Moss of Bath.
Moss of Bath request payment in full for all call-out requests prior to the call- out.
Payment Terms – Custom Installation
Moss of Bath refers to ‘custom installation’ as a transaction where a quotation has been sent by Moss of Bath and accepted by the client.
Moss of Bath will usually request a 50% deposit for the total equipment value of the agreed quotation. Once received, a date for the installation will be agreed. On completion of the installation, a final account summary will be sent. Moss of Bath operate a strict seven day payment policy.
Moss of Bath will, where the schedule of works requires a first and final fix, where the final fix may be protracted over a long period of time, usually request a 25% deposit with order, with a further 25% on the completion of first fix. On completion of the installation, a final account summary will be sent. Moss of Bath operate a strict seven day payment policy.
Moss of Bath reserve the right to request payment in full prior to final installation. This is particularly relevant when installing equipment into an empty or partly occupied property, or into a property which is not properly secure.
Moss of Bath reserve the right to charge interest of 5% above standard bank rate for late payment. All products remain the property of Moss of Bath until paid in full.
Moss of Bath reserve the right to charge a 2% surcharge for the payment of invoices using a credit card. No surcharge applies to debit card payment.
Moss of Bath comply with The Consumer Rights Act 2015.
When installing new product, Moss of Bath will, as instructed collect redundant product/s for disposal. A charge of £10 per product applies. Moss of Bath recycle redundant electrical products in-line with guidelines issued by the WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directive.
WIN a 55″ Sony Bravia TV: terms & conditions
Promotion will run from 22nd June 2017 to 1st September 2017.
*no purchase is necessary*
Entry and participation is free, no purchase is necessary.
Only one entry per person is permitted.
No alternative prize will be offered.
The winner will be drawn at random on 8th September 2017 and will be contacted within 48 hours.
The winner agrees to participate in any publicity or promotional activity in connection with the prize draw.