• The Children’s genre will move from channel numbers in the 70s to start at 120
• The News genre will move from channel numbers in the 80s to start at 130
To update their guide viewers simply need to retune their Freeview TVs and digital recorders or boxes where equipment does not pick up the changes automatically. On-screen messages will prompt viewers to retune late afternoon 3rd September 2014 onwards.
Viewers who don’t retune will not lose channels – services will remain accessible at their old numbers. However, Digital UK and Freeview recommend viewers retune from time-to-time to ensure they have access to all available services in their area.
How to re-tune your TV
A full re-tune should only takes a few minutes and can be done with your remote control. Here are some guidelines for how to do it, but bear in mind every model of digital TV or box will be a little bit different.
- Make sure your Freeview TV or box is on and in digital mode. Press 'menu' on your remote control.
- Select the 'set up' or 'installation' option. If you see picture icons, select the tool box, satellite dish or spanner.
- If you are prompted for a code, try 0000 or 1234.
- Select the full re-tune option. This is sometimes called ‘first time installation’, 'factory reset', 'default settings' or 'shipping conditions'. Do not select 'channel update' or 'add channels'.
- Press ‘OK’ if your equipment asks if you want to delete all your channels. Don't worry this is normal
- Channels will automatically be installed. This may take a few minutes and your equipment may shut down and restart.
For more details please go to www.digitaluk.co.uk
Viewers will see on screen messages to remind them to re-tune nearer the time.
Staff at Moss of Bath are available in-store to instruct customers who have purchased their digital product from us how to complete the process.
If you would like an engineer from Moss of Bath to help you with the re-tune at home, please call us on 01225 331441 to book an appointment. A standard call out charge will apply.